Time does fly by doesn’t it! I just finished my masters and final exams last month (yay!!!) so now I have some time to experiment with soap art. This month’s challenge was to do a soap design using an Ebru (paper marbling) technique. Here is my color palette after mixing the black, yellow, orange, green and dark pink micas.
My inspiration was the Blackhawk feathers. My husband has been bugging me for several weeks about making a Blackhawks soap so I thought this was a perfect opportunity to give it a go.
Here is the final product after it was just poured. I tried to literally copy the feathers but it looked lame so I just kept adding more soap and freehanded the design for a more abstract feather look. It is scented with Energy orange fragrance. This looks more like autumn leaves than feathers to me but I am happy with the result. It is a bit early for Fall but it is my favorite time of the year!
Here is the soap a few hours later. I used goat’s milk, mango butter, olive, palm and coconut oils in the soap formulation. The bottom half of the soap is black. I used yellow, orange, green and dark pink micas for the top swirly design.
Thanks Amy for another fun challenge! I look forward to seeing the other designs. It should be interesting to cut this in a few days. The original Blackhawks feather design is buried somewhere under there. 😀